SoT’s Copyright Policy
Copyright 2014 – 2016 Scott on Technology
Any and all original material on the Scott on Technology (“SoT”) website is owned by SoT. As the copyright owner, SoT has the right to license it’s content any way it sees fit.
SoT has chosen that any and all original material may be freely distributed at will under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, unless otherwise noted. All material that is not original to SoT may require permission from the copyright holder to redistribute.
In other words, share generously, but provide attribution.
You do NOT have to ask permission to:
- post original SoT material on a mailing list or newsgroup
- link to us on your web site
- use the material for educational purposes
- reprint in a newspaper article
- extract 200 words from a post and re-post to your site with a link back to the original material
- or re-post material in it’s entirety to your website
Permission to do such things is explicitly granted. Please do not write to us asking for permission, as this wastes our time and yours.
If you redistribute something you got from the SoT site, it is appreciated if you let us know that you are using the material. If you have a high quality adaptation or derivative work, contact us and we will link to your work.
Last updated: 10/6/16