Below is a complete list of social bookmarking and social sharing sites for 2016. Send any additions, updated, or subtractions. Interested in last year’s list? See Social Bookmarking Sites that still exist in 2015
- BibSonomy: BibSonomy is run by the Knowledge Data Engineering Group of the University of Kassel, Germany. Its specifically designed for researchers, in sharing bookmarks and bibliographies
- BlogBookMark: Designed specifically for Blog hunters, BlogBookmark.com claims to have the hottest news, gossip, and blog chatter from around the web. I highly sugggest that mainstream bloggers bookmark their entire sites here.
- blurpalicious: Get Blurped! Not too different from other social bookmarks, but I love the tagline.
- Bmaccess: Social bookmarking with thumbs :).
- Bookmark-manager : Organizer for bookmarks, calendar, diary and knowledge.
- Bookmax: You can store your bookmarks and links to your favorite sites online and access them from wherever you are : basic Social Bookmarking.
- Buddymarks: The online personal, group and social bookmarks manager.
- Citeulike: A free service to help academics to share, store, and organise the academic papers they are reading.
- Cloudytags: A unique word analyzer connects to your page, gets all the words and suggest you the real tags your site is showing to the world.
- Delicious: Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world’s leading social bookmarking service.
- Diigo: Social bookmarking on steroids.
- start.me: Personalize your start page. Share with colleagues, students, friends or the entire web.
- Folkd: Folkd is a social web-service about pages, news, audios, videos and blogs.
- Freelink: Freelink.org provides free pages of links that you can access anywhere at anytime.
- Google: Allows users to save and create bookmarks in their Google toolbar that can be accessed anywhere online. Google is getting more social by the day, so take advantage of their Google bookmarks and citations, because one day they probably will have some kind of influence on external meta data considered by the Google ranking algorithm.
- Ikeepbookmarks: Popup feature allows you to add links while surfing the web
- Iloggo: Simple web-based bookmarking tool that you can use for attractively displaying your favorite websites on one page.
- Kinja: Kinja is a blog guide, collecting news and commentary from some of the best sites on the web.
- Lilsto: Lilisto lets you store, manage and find your favorite links (or bookmarks) and removes the need to maintain them through your browser.
- Linkagogo: Favorites and Social Bookmarking Application, its unique dynamic toolbars automatically adapt themselves.
- Linkarena: German Social Bookmarking site.
- Memotoo: Lets users centralize and share your personal data.
- Murl: My URLs is a free online bookmarks manager, think of it as a bookmarks community.
- MyBookmarks: MyBookmarks – access your bookmarks anytime, anywhere. Free productivity tool for business, student or personal use. Another popular bookmarking site.
- Myhq: Store your bookmarks in one central location. Fast, text-based, banner free!
- mySiteVote: mySiteVote is a community where you can vote your favorite site/s and view how popular a site is.
- Reddit: “The frontpage of the internet” – Timely and shocking news oriented, Reddit stories are instantly voted upon and if liked by the community as a whole, can drive incredible traffic and users.
- Refind: Refind is a community of founders, hackers, and designers who collect and share the best links on the web.
- Sitebar: A solution for people who use multiple browsers or computers and want to have their bookmarks available from anywhere without need to synchronize them
- Sitejot: Free online bookmark manager. Like every other social bookmarking site, it allows users to manage all of their bookmarks online in one convenient place.
- Slashdot : The godfather of social news, SlashDot bookmarks are still quite powerful .. keep in mind the site has a heavy slant towards Linux and Open Source issues.
- Startaid: I’ve noticed that StartAid bookmark pages rank highly in Google and other search engines. This basic bookmarking service allows users to describe, tag and categorize sites.
- StumbleUpon: Free web-browser extension which acts as an intelligent browsing tool for discovering and sharing web sites. Must register or login with Facebook.
- Stylehive: The Stylehive is a collection of all the best products, brands, designers and stores discovered and tagged by the Hive community
- Wirefan: Social bookmarking, news articles submission site.
ClipClip – It has a launch registration page complete with a “Prepare to be amazed!” tagline. The countdown states it will launch around Tuesday, March 15, 2016